- Upon receipt of an application, the waiting period can be from 1-3 business days.
- Animals will be spayed or neutered prior to leaving the shelter.
- We require a veterinary reference. If this is your first pet, indicate what vet you will use.
- Any current pets must be up to date on rabies and spayed/neutered in order to adopt
- If you are applying to adopt a dog and you currently have other dogs, we will require a meet and greet at the shelter.
- We reserve the right to refuse any application filed with us.
- We reserve the right to repossess any adopted animal if adopter fails to comply with our Adoption Agreement (see Adoption Agreement for details).
- All dogs adopted must get licensed by the adopter through the Town Clerk for the township the adopter resides in within two weeks of adoption. Licensing fees vary from town to town. Contact your local Town Clerk for details.
|Dog over 6 months old||$125||Spay/neuter, microchip, rabies/distemper/bordetella vaccinations, heartworm/lyme testing, fecal testing, deworming, and basic grooming|
|Puppy under 6 months old||$150||Spay/neuter, microchip, rabies/distemper/bordetella vaccinations, heartworm//lyme testing, fecal testing, deworming, and basic grooming|
|Adult dog 30 pounds and under||$150||Spay/neuter, microchip, rabies/distemper/bordetella vaccinations, heartworm/ lyme testing, fecal testing, deworming, and basic grooming|
|Cat over 6 months old||$75||Spay/neuter, microchip, rabies/distemper/feline leukemia vaccination, feline leukemia/FIV testing, fecal testing, deworming, and basic grooming|
|Kitten under 6 months old||$80||Spay/neuter, microchip, rabies/distemper/feline leukemia vaccination (age appropriate), feline leukemia/FIV testing, fecal testing, deworming, and basic grooming|
*Senior citizens adopting or adoptions of senior pets receive a 20% discount on fees.
COST TO OUR NON-PROFIT SHELTER:
The cost to care and prepare animals for adoption is much greater than the fee we charge. If at any time adopters are able to consider a donation in addition to the adoption fee, we are extremely grateful. Donations can be made online at www.thesas.org or with our donation form.
The following links contain the most up-to-date listings animals available for adoption from the Susquehanna Animal Shelter on Petango:
Interested in adopting a dog or cat? Click Here to fill out an application!